PRINCE CHARLES AND CAMILLA ROYAL WEDDING PHOTOS IN WINDSOR
Royal wedding photos of Prince Charles and Camilla in Windsor on April 9th 2005
Photographs of the Royal wedding of Prince Charles to Camilla, taken from near Windsor's Guildhall, as the Royal procession passed down Windsor High Street on its way to Cambridge Gate and into Windsor Castle for the Blessing in St George's Chapel.
Large crowds had gathered to line the streets and take photos of the couple as they drove to Windsor's Guildhall for the morning wedding service.
Prince Charles and Camilla left Windsor Guildhall in a black Rolls Royce as the crowds waved and took photos. Close members of the Royal family followed behind in a bright white 'Windsorian' coach... making for fun photos and an amused crowd.
After the Royal couple had passed by, the crowds dispersed. Prince Charles and Camilla, now the Duchess of Cornwall, were later to attended a Service of Blessing in St George's Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle, conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
The Royal Standard was flying from the top of the Round Tower of Windsor Castle as tradition dictates, to let castle staff and the town know that the Queen was in residence. On this wedding day, the Royal Standard was much larger than normal, and the wind kindly blew the flag in a direction so that all could see it - if only the people were as easy to photograph! - and unlike the snow and rain that fell yesterday, the original wedding date, the weather was bright and sunny for the wedding day.
Although not taken by a professional photographer, these pictures capture the happy occasion and good spirited crowd. These pictures were taken on Canon G5 digital camera at 4x optical zoom and held above the head (made possible by an ingenious, rotating l.c.d screen). They have been cropped, compressed, and the levels adjusted to reveal the subjects. For more information please contact
If, like this amature photographer, you would like to improve your skills with the camera, then click this link to find out more about the London Master Class photography workshops given by one of the UK's leading fashion photographers.
If you would like to visit Windsor and explore this wonderful Royal town, the River Thames, nearby famous Eton boys school and of course Windsor Castle, then scroll down from some helpful accommodations suggestions. Very limited self-catering rental accommodation in Windsor is available, so unless you book early the alternatives are B&B and hotels. Click here for more photos of Windsor, Windsor Castle and Eton.
Especially featured self catering holiday houses and cottages
Norfolk Broads, East Anglia
- Norfolk Broads: Large farmhouse in acre of gardens in Upton Broad. Sleeps 13 in 6 bedrooms for large family holidays on the Norfolk Broads. This old farmhouse has been renovated to a high standard for relaxing boating, cycling, horse riding and sight-seeing holidays. Currently long-term unavailable.
Eton, Windsor Berkshire and the Thames Valley, Surrey and Sussex near London
- Windsor Berkshire: Victorian rental cottage on the Eton side of the River Thames within a few minutes walk of historic Windsor Castle. Rare self catering holiday accommodation with wonderful views of the Brocas fields, in the heart of Eton and Windsor. This georgeous cottage with two bedrooms (one double/one twin) has an open plan living/dining area with garden, and a well equipped kitchen - early booking advised. Currently long-term unavailable.
- East Grinstead, Sussex: Victorian coach house renovated as a cottage to rent near East Grinstead, Sussex, on the Surrey Kent border with a half hourly train service to East Croydon and London Victoria and 25 minutes away from Gatwick airport. Two bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen. Available for a 6 month or longer assured shorthold tenancy.
- Windsor Berkshire: Victorian cottage renovated to an exceptionally high standard in the shadow of Windsor castle. A short walk from both Windsor stations across the river provides fast access to London. Elegant dining area, beautiful conservatory overlooking the Broccas and high quality kitchen. The two light and airy bedrooms sleep 4. Currently long-term unavailable.
- Eton and Windsor: Self-catering Victorian rental cottage a short walk from Eton College and Windsor. Private garden, lounge diner and fully furnished for a comfortable and private holiday stay in the Thames Valley. Two bedrooms, sleep 4. Currently long-term unavailable.
- Windsor UK: 4 bed Victorian town house on short let with original art adorning the walls, tasteful interior decoration, garage & garden. Ideally located for tourist access to Eton, Windsor Castle, Theatre and Windsor town centre, and for trains to London and Heathrow Airport (15 mins). Currently long-term unavailable.
- Bray, Thames Valley: Flat for rent on assured shorthold tenancy agreement on private estate. Ideal accommodation for a business person or visiting company employees, where a hotel would be expensive and tiresome. 2 bedrooms, parking and quiet location with easy access to M4 and M25 for Maidenhead, Windsor, Reading and London. Currently long-term unavailable.